Them January favourites half way through February… sorry it’s late guys, I tried to post it on time but I just didn’t get around to it. School is making it really difficult.
I made a difficult decision not to do a December favourites post as I thought, well, my Christmas and Birthday presents were my favourites for the lovely month of December, and I had a post about them. So, that being said, here are my January favourites. Enjoy 🙂
1. It, by Alexa Chung. In the three weeks I’ve had it, I’ve read it almost four times. It is so funny, so insightful and makes you feel so happy. Alexa has the most beautiful writing style which happens to be right down my alley. Go buy this book, you will SERIOUSLY not regret it. A review to be up on it soon!
2. Last week, the lovely Jessica, who’d been to Sydney (view her vlogs here) has bought me some things from one of my favourite shops in the whole world: Victoria’s Secret. Jessica knows that I love the vs angels (Candice Swanepoel, Doutzen Kroes, Erin Heatherton, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, just to name a few.) It was so exciting for me to get this gorgeous makeup bag and body spray (which smells like happiness in a bottle by the way). Thanks Jesse 🙂
3. Lorna Jane, my favourite active wear shop, brand and fitness blog has just released their own free bi-monthly magazine. And the first issue set it off with a bang. So many amazing clothes on offer this month and some fabulous articles too, one of which introduced me to Steph Kramer or watermeloncrush, one of my new favourite blogs! Go pick one up!
4. This sportsgirl sunscreen is THE best. They don’t actually sell it anymore but I’m pretty sure I can steal a few bottles that my Mum bought… it smells like coconut. Is that not enough to make you NEED to buy it if you still could?
5. Rosehip oil is fast becoming my most favourite product. Although an oil, it is formulated to balance out oil levels, reduce redness and moisturise. You can even wash your skin with it if it feels dry or especially oily. This will help to really get it deep into your skin and do the job well. When you buy it, just check that the only ingredient is rosehip oil, because you may find it won’t work as well with other additives.
6. White is for sure my most worn colour. I wear it alot. I own five (or more) white dresses, three white shirts, two long sleeved ones, one pair of white sandals and a white skort aaaaaand just the other day, I bought a white cotton maxi from Glassons. I just loooooove white.The skort is my new white purchase of this month, from Mishkah fashion. They have a store in Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia and also an online store which I think only ships nationally.
Dresses in order of pictures…
7. Gradual tan is my best friend. Don’t get me wrong. I can tan. It just makes it sooooo much better. This Dove one is pretty damn good but I’m saving some penny’s for a Bondi Sands bottle used by the lovely, Elle Ferguson from theyallhateus, keeping her legs looking lovely and brown.
8. Troye’s tumblr ….. it’s just so funny.
9. My fashion inspiration for this month is kind of a compilation of my favourite fashionistas for 2013.
Candice Swanepoel (and all other vs models for their fab street style)
And my new favourite, Cailin Russo, who has the most gorgeous cheekbones! She’s also been the main girl in Justin Bieber’s past two music videos… I mean like wow, talk about unfair…
See my tumblr for almost daily pictures of these lovely ladies…
10. And last of all, my favourite songs and albums!
Journals – Justin Bieber: A very different style for Justin, much less poppy, not that I don’t like poppy. Just wish it could still be the days when all I had to worry about is if I voted enough times for him to get his award. Loving it all the same. Not to mention those old songs, e.g., Die in your arms and Thought of You- his voice is so gorgeous and makes your heart flutter. Best feeling.
Happy – Pharrell Williams: This is literally the best song ever written. It really makes you happy. Obviously it’s all in the name 🙂 Check out the video, so amusing, you could watch it forever.
Cody Simpson – Acoustic Sessions: This album is the best Cody’s done so far. He’s on his American leg of his tour at the moment and from the video’s, he’s doing a great job. He even has a girlfriend. Gee, she’s gorgeous (ha, cause her name’s Gigi. I’m so funny). My favourite song from this album would have to be All day. An all time favourite, even better acoustic.
Frozen soundtrack: My favourite movie EVER. DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN?
Chronicles of a fallen love- the Bloody Beetroots- This song is from Teen Wolf, my ultimate favourite show. It’s in a scene where they’re having a black light party. Seriously, Google it. Such an amazing song.
And finally, Drunk in Love by Beyonce and Jay Z… this song is so confusing. Like seriously, I’ve been drinking watermelon?? Loving it though.
Big plans for Feb/ March- Get excited (:
P.s. Photos on post above, they wanted to be annoying and not work.