Today, I thought I would give you an insight into summer hair: the worst season and second to winter, I think, the second most damaging season (in terms of weather) for your hair. I find, when I’m swimming a lot in the warmer months, my hair becomes dry on the ends and because you sweat more when it’s hot, my hair becomes greasy at the roots.
However, there are ways to help you keep your hair in tip-top condition in Summer!
- First of all, use the least amount of heat on your hair as possible. The more heat you use, the drier your hair becomes. The humidity in the air during summer in can also make it very frizzy. So instead of blasting it with the top heat notch on your drier every two days or so, let it dry naturally, and if you really need to dry it, try to use the cool switch.
- It is really worth it to take hair, skin and nails supplements, all through the year to help keep your nails strong, your hair strong and shiny and your skin bright and clear. It is also really important to drink ots of water, (preferably eight glasses a day) as it cleanses your system, and water, being the bodies most essential nutrient, will help not only your hair to be strong, shiny and grow quicker, but it will help your whole body to function and feel well.
- If you have coloured hair, it is a really good idea to use shampoo and conditioner that is formulated for coloured hair as it’s great and keeps your natural colour bright and healthy looking. I have ombre’d hair and I find it definitely keeps both tones in my hair looking great.
STYLES FOR THE SUMMERTIME
Here are my top three ways of wearing my hair in summer:
- High, messy ponytail- exhibit A… Lauren Conrad, the Queen of this style.
2. Chinese staricase braid- up-do.
3. Loose side braid.